Tynemouth to Kielder
This wonderful route from Tynemouth to Kielder is a section taken from the Reivers Cycle Route. It offers the excitement of the full route but in a more compact journey. t more enjoyable for riders less experienced in long-distance bike rides.
How long does the Tynemouth to Kielder route take?
The ride takes between one and three days.
Starting in the historic village of Tynemouth, you follow the quiet roads of route 72 through the urban landscape surrounding Newcastle-upon-Tyne. You will venture through old coal mining villages and suburban residential estates, before journeying on National Route 10 into beautiful open countryside.
You continue on Route 10, along traffic free trails with scenic views to the north of the broad Cheviot skyline, before reaching the town of Bellingham – home of Hareshaw Linn. Take a break or stay overnight to enjoy the 2.5 mile trek to this magnificent 30-foot waterfall.
Your final stretch takes you to Kielder Water and Forest. Kielder Water is a huge lake surrounded by 250 square miles of forest. With cafes, pubs and places to stay it’s a great place to end your ride. Enjoy traffic-free cycle paths and an abundance of wildlife.
What We Can Offer
- Bike transfer from Newcastle Central Station to Tynemouth harbour to start your trip (other pick up locations available on request)
- All baggage transfers between accommodation
- Route Maps and GPX file
- List of bike shops and places to visit en-route
- Phone support available from 7am to 10pm daily
- Emergency support – to help you in your moment of need
- Transfer from Kielder to Newcastle at the end of the experience
- Transfer for riders and bikes to your home or accommodation
- An enjoyable urban route through coal mining towns and charming villages.
- Enjoy scenic views of the Cheviots
- Finishing the journey at the amazing Kielder Water and Forest.
- Break your journey and walk to Hareshaw Linn
Why Choose This Route?
- Interesting and quiet route which passes through glorious countryside, as well as urban landscapes
- On-road route, superb for cyclists to maintain a good rhythm throughout the journey
- The scenery is superb throughout and hills relatively manageable, making it accessible to a broad range of fitness levels
Ecocabs Cycles offers a full service – including accommodation booking – for corporate clients. If you would like to know more about Ecocabs Cycles’ corporate packages, please see here.
For non-corporate clients, we are very happy to recommend accommodation taking into account the daily mileage you’re aiming for from Tynemouth to Kielder.